Thursday, May 1, 2014

GIS4043/L Final Project: Bobwhite-Manatee Transmission Line Project

This final project required working as if I were a consultant hired to complete an analysis of the approved Florida Power & Light Bobwhite-Manatee transmission line corridor in Manatee and Sarasota Counties for success in meeting certain criteria. Utilizing all skills, techniques, and knowledge gained throughout the semester along with researching some new GIS tools was required to complete this very comprehensive assignment. I feel as though I should be getting a paycheck for this one!


Wetlands and Conservation Lands Map for FPL's
Bobwhite-Manatee Transmission Line Corridor Analysis
Creating the cartographic model itself was time-consuming but was worth its weight in gold by helping keep the project organized and headed in the right direction at all times. It was a solid document frequently referenced throughout the project.

Repeating what has been said in previous blogs, I could expound ad nauseam on what went into putting together this project, from developing the necessary set of maps (including the one to the left) for analysis to creating a PowerPoint presentation with accompanying narrative, but after checking and rechecking methods and details in the maps and accompanying documents, I am ready to let the work speak for itself. Besides, my dog is giving me the "stink eye" for paying more attention to my computer than her for the past 3 weeks. We are way overdue for a long walk. Enjoy the PowerPoint and slide-by-slide commentary!

No comments:

Post a Comment